Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Favourite Things at Try it on Tuesdays.

 Happy New Year to You, I hope you are recovered from all the festivities over the holidays and ready to enter our first Challenge of 2015 at Try it on Tuesdays, which is 'Favourite Things' - how good is that to get you motivated.
I was full of good intentions to get back to crafty ways straight after Christmas but a nasty cold left me feeling a bit sorry for myself for a few days, but the thought of using favourite things was a great help to finish my project for this weeks challenge.
As you probably know, I love Vintage and lots of my favourite things were used making this little wallet, which holds the memories of this young ladies  trip to Paris.



 I die cut the folder using the Tattered Doily, added some embossing paste through a script stencil, and then clear embossed the flower swirl before distressing with Bundled Sage, Tattered Rose, Dusty concord and Vintage Photo inks.

The inside was cut and scored to fit, clear embossed stamping and then distressed with the same inks
My images are mainly Oxford Impressions 'April in Paris' with a couple from Artistic Outpost and Crafty Individuals.  My rose is paper clay, the key and  heart made with UTEE in the Melt Pot.
If you pop over to the main blog, you will see what the DT have made with their favourite things and maybe you would like to enter this challenge and show us what's on your favourite list.

Thanks for your visit,

Avril xx


21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is gorgeous Avril, makes me want to take a trip to Paris....Hugs, Valerie

Pamellia said...

Wow Avril, this is gorgeous! I love the doily edge and the tri-fold layout with the pocket is genius! What a wonderful vintage piece! hugs :)

sirkkis said...

Wonderful Vintage-wallet. So beautifully coloured and designed, Avril.
We have had the same target - Paris, I see :)
Have a creative new week,
hugs xx

brenda said...

Bloggers not playing the game today with me today Avril and no photos so only seen the thumbnail on my reading list, but looks like another lovely creation.

B x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's an adorable little booklet, just fantastic.

Bee and Dee said...

Love this vintage wallet and contents hugs Bee

Shirley said...

Happy New Year to you and the family sweets x x

Ooh's and aah's Avril this looks so special and the stamping is divine. Absolutely gorgeous.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Margik said...

What wonderful project, Avril! I also love the look vintage and the fantastic work you've made here.
Hugs, Mar

sally said...

Ah there's nothing quite like Paris in the springtime! 'Cept it's not really springlike yet is it.....delightful memory folder you've shared for this one Avril.

Happy new year to you.

Sally

chrissie said...

A very beautiful wallet with a tale to tell inside.

Hope you are well again now

Love Chrissie x

Judith said...

so beautiful Avril - I love vintage and dont do it nearly enough - i amd also struggling with getting back to crafting - and the nasty cold's here too! - hope you start to feel better soon xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such a lovely surprise when you open the cover...great make Avril.
Best wishes for 2015!
Greetings, Alie

Anonymous said...

When there is a story connected with artwork it always brings another beautiful layer for the viewer.
On opening the pocket, which reminds me of a vintage ladies handkerchief, with that pretty die-cut edge resembling lace trim, I was immediately transported to Paris and the memories she would have.
Compelling and so beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous project Avril, love the cover as well as all the interesting contents.
Yvonne x

Christine L said...

Hi Avril..

Oooh this is so gorgeous... I love every bit of the fabulous detail.. and it gave ME beautiful memories of Paris!

Hope your cold is better soon!

Hugs
Christine x

Paper Profusion said...

Absolutely beautiful Avril and so romantic. I love the colours and all your details. A stunning make. Nicola x

Words and Pictures said...

This is so gorgeous, Avril - a wonderful vintage wallet - love how you've used the doily die, and all the stamping is just beautiful.
Alison xx

My name is Cindy said...

Thisis so pretty Avril, love all the detail on the front especially. Great project, love n hugs, Cindyxx

Desire Fourie said...

Avril this is just so beautiful. Love the vintage French flavour.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Pia S said...

Love your vintage project! I've never used the technique of clear embossing before adding inks and colors, I really like how that turned out. And all the things you've used for this project suit the vintage theme so well.

Little Artbee said...

So nice your very special kind of card. Vintage Style from its best!
Dear Greetings
Sabine