Fabulous Followers - Its OK if you don't.... but it would be nice if you did

Linky Followers

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Penny Black


Where did the weekend go! I promised myself a crafting day on Saturday as the weather wasn't very nice and started my card for this weeks Penny Black challenge which is men's cards, something I usually struggle with. I used this cute PB stamp - Fly Away.
I paper pieced his hat and jacket with textured papers to look like material, and I stamped his plane onto an old silver Christmas card to give it a metallic look and then coloured with Promarkers. The reason for this was to enter 'I love Promarkers challenge - Paper Piecing', but by the time I finished the card, Mr. Linky had closed!
I followed the sketch this week on Papertake Weekly and used the 2 different sized check papers from the Papermania Blueberry hill pad - the challenge this week on Totally Gorjuss is checks so I will be entering it there!
I am also entering it in Passion for Promarkers - One for the Boys
and Craft Your Passion is also Male cards.
Alphabet Challenge Blog - P for Paper piecing
Your Next Stamp Challenge - Paper piecing

Well that it for now, I have a little job to do - DH runs a special needs youth club and they want to make Mothers Day cards, (I think he's giving me plenty of notice cause its not till the beginning of April!) so he has 'commissioned' 10 easel card blanks and suitable stamped images and embellishments - it'll be my good deed for the day! Oh! and he needs a lesson in making easel cards!!!

Thanks for looking and if you like what you see please pop back,

Avril x

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Avril, this is adorable! I love the paper piecing and you've used the sketch really well. Love the star buttons too. FAB! xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Avril, what a fantastic card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

I love your paper piecing, something I always mean to try and never get round to, this is amazing!!
Love Jenni

Jules said...

A lovely card Avril.

I am beginning to think you love your Penny Black stamps as much as I do.

Love the paper piecing and your gorgeous backing paper.

Love Jules xx

coops said...

gorgeous card avril.i love the adorable image and your fab star buttons.

thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Avril, me again! Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck! xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable,cute card Avril, beautiful work with the image.
luv
Debby

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card thanks for joining us this week at Alphabet challenge.

oheidia said...

I love stamps from Penny Black! Really a cute card for a boy:=)

Thanks for joining the challenge at pfp these week:=)

xxxtglxxx said...

That paper-piecing is so effective! :)

Gorgeous PB image and a really cute card for a boy. Love the star buttons and details.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Helen Ann said...

I love this - fab men's card and love the little buttons

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog - see you again soon

Hel xox